Friday, April 21, 2017

Day 5- Gotcha Day

Today started like the rest of our days. The Bash up first peppy as ever. We got up second trying to stay close to B for when she wakes up... Last B wakes up. She is a slow riser... It takes her a bit to wake up... Which is exactly OPPOSITE of The Bash. The boy is up peppy and wired all the way until he lays his head back down on the pillow for bed time! :) Love that about both of them!
We showered B off (once she did get up) and dressed her. Then I cuddled with her while I posted some updates on Facebook. She just sat there... Until I was too boring! :) She started moving around and I asked her if she was awake now. She nodded. I asked her if she wanted to go play with The Bash... She nodded. It was an awesome start to the morning. She was ready to play with dad and brother and that left me a small amount of time to go workout. I know that sounds crazy, but those of you who know me well... know that a workout helps me function the rest of the day... I cannot explain it... It just is who I am... So I worked out. As I'm in the room workout out, B kept peeking in and watching me (like I was crazy) and then running back out to play.
I got ready and we set off to play! We ran around and played Memory (again).... took some awesome pictures thanks to these sweet, now friends, at the crèche, and got things packed up and ready to go. Another mama arrived last night, and so I was able to talk to her. It's such a blessing to have a community of families that are going through EXACTLY what we are going through. It is a blessing to be able to talk about fears and hopes and doubts together and know that they know EXACTLY what you are feeling. All these parents I have met through this experience are so amazing. Such a blessing to us for sure!
We went from playing to packing up the van in a hurry. It was a surreal feeling really. Like... we have waited 3.5 years for this.... and it is ACTUALLY happening. Some days during this process it felt as thought this day was never ever ever ever ever..... ever.... going to happen. I would cry and cry in frustration feeling like we would never see the end of this process.... But then there we were... packing ALL Of us up to head HOME... TOGETHER!!! Can I get an amen hallelujah!?!?!
I was worried all morning about how our travels were going to go.... First,  we loaded the van with no crying. She clung to me tight... but no crying. She ended up falling asleep on the way down the mountain. When we arrived to the airport... no crying. She did a lot of people watching. But she was good. She was awesome! We ate lunch at the airport and then had some wait time. She just sat there soaking it all in.
We loaded the first plane... no crying. We took off. She gripped me tight. She clung to my arm. No crying. As soon as I could I took her seatbelt off and she hopped on my lap so fast and we rode the rest of the flight with her on my lap. She fell in and out of sleep... but was AMAZING.
Got to the airport in Miami. Was not sure how she would do with all the people, lights, and craziness... But she did awesome once again. She helped push suitcases, went though the medal detector, and walked through the airport like a champ. WE had a good 2 hour laps once we found our gate. At first she did not want to eat (pizza)... I was worried she was not going to eat or drink... but she downed her PowerAde and then was excited for her Lara bar. So I praised God for that. She ate, she drank, and she was pretty relaxed as we sat there. We did a sticker book (thanks Autumn) and she did a TON of people watching. She stared at a group of girls for the longest time. I think she thought they were pretty interesting! :)
As we loaded the 2nd plane she clung to me again. WE walked onto the plane and she squeezed my finger tight... but no crying. As we took off her squeeze got tighter, but she stayed strong! Another great flight! Praise God! She even got up to go to the bathroom!
Our car trip was another awesome trip. She let me sit her in her booster and buckle her in AND me sit in front. She watched out the window for a bit, and then fell asleep.
When we FINALLY arrived home (at 1am) she KINDA woke up a bit, but quickly passed out in her bed. It was a relief because then The Man and I could do the same!
WE ALSO arrived home to our back wall being finished (thanks pa) and food stocked up (thanks Char). THANK YOU for all your prayers... They have been answered and we feel so very blessed








1 comment:

  1. I am so very happy for you....God bless your little family on this amazing journey

    ReplyDelete