Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Day 2- Let Her Sleep in Shoes!

Today has been nothing less than a whilwind! We started off our day at 3:17am.  We hopped out of bed, got ready as quickly as we could and then headed out the door. We took a shuttle to the airport and there we sat for a good 2 hours. It was easy to check in, because our checked luggage was already checked and waiting for us!
We loaded the plane and set toward Haiti. The flight was uneventful, and no matter how hard I tried I could NOT get The Bash to take a nap. So he stayed up... and so we all stayed up! After we landed we gathered up all 9 of our bags (3 checked, 3 carry on, and 3 bags) and carried them through the airport.. It's funny how different our feelings are in this process from the first time we landed now to our 3rd time. We've got this down like pros! :) We met our ride and loaded all our bags into the car.
We acutally did a LOT of driving fomr 9:45-2:00. We picked up our C4C rep, headed to the Embassy to pick up B's passport, went to IBESR to get our final signed off letter, hit up GIANT for some fresh produce groceries, and then FINALLY made it to the guest house. We dropped out things, stuffed food in our mouths, and headed up to the creche.
B was there eating. She is always a timid one. Remember that when you first meet her! :) But she soon came to me and held on for dear life. I held on to her. Trying to sniff her (it's a mom thing?). The Bash found his friends and quickly took off with them. THEY LOVE HIM THERE!!! THe kids chase him around and pick him up and just love him. It's amazing. BUT, at that time... I was too tired to be dealing with so much touching and craziness... so I suggested we take B back to the guest house and get settled there and The Man agreed.
So we swept B away... and didn't go back. At first B was VERY nervous (as she has a right to be!). She held on to me tight and said not ONE word. We watched The Bash and The Man play Jenga. We watched a movie (did I mention we were tired?!). Then we had dinner. The girl LOVED it. She scarffed it down! I loved watching her eat. I loved being at the table and eating as a whole family. It's just a glimpse into my life now... and it just was everything I loved and so much more.
B started to get restless. Not sure what we were going to do with her, but for SURE wanted to start heading back to the creche. We distracted her with coloring, music, and books. Then it was time to sleep. I tired to take her shoes off... and that was NOT happening. I tried just sitting and rocking with her for a bit, like I had done the times we were previously here for nap time.... BUT she was not having any of that. "COME" she told me as she pulled my hand toward the door to lead me back to her bed. I said "No, B, we are staying here. We are staying as a family now." Anyway, we had a lot of going back and forth. Finally I did what I had done to The Bash the COUNTLESS nights he was awake. I walked around bouncing and rocking her and FINALLY she passed out asleep. THen I laid her down on our bed and she grabbed my hand and fell back to sleep. Shoes on and all... She is sleeping right now next to me... with her shoes on! :) I'll take it!
As we laid there together I recapped the day in my head:
1- The Bash is an amazing boy. He is loving towards his sister with NO return at all. He was patient in a car for hours on end and plane trips for hours on end!
2- B is an amazing girl. She has stuck it out in this situation that I can only imagine is 100% frightening. She has been so strong and so trusting in a time when we have not really earned it! I remember our first trip here. After the first day of all this change and struggle I cried. She... is... amazing! I know God is working in her heart right now, and as I laid there I continued to pray for His work.
3- The Man is a patient and loving man. I cannot imagine this journey without him. I don't think I would have made it.
4- God is good! I do not have to go back to work for the rest of the school year. So if I have to stay up and rock this sweet girl to sleep every night.. I can. If I end up sleeping in her bed for months... I can. Whatever this transition needs... we can do it! What a blessing!
5- I HOPE that we can continue to bond closer and closer as a family in these next few days here.... So that our return home is a good one. I PRAY that the Lord continues to break down barriers in B's heart and help her to embrace this next CRAZY step in her life. I PRAY that we all can have our hearts and heads ready for this new change. I an so THANKFUL for these 2 kids. I lay in this room with our family of 4 and could not feel more blessed. We have been waiting for 3.5 years for this very moment. 3.5 years to bring this sweet girl home so we can be complete..... AMEN!
Haiti is beautiful!





IBESR Office

No comments:

Post a Comment