Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Day 3- Wanna Hop on This Roller Coaster?

Today started off pretty good! B slowly woke up, we bathed her, dressed her, and we cuddled for a good long time. We started watching/playing with books on the ipad and she got settled in so that I could back out and let The Bash and her cuddle and play together. I even got my workout in! :) She EVEN took time with The Man. They played with playdoh and she even made The Man a bracelet! :)
The morning went along well and everyone was getting along great. By the time I was worked out, showered, and got ready it was time to take up the donations and some gifts for the kids at the crèche.
When we got there, before entering in, B turned around and wanted me to hold her. She did not want to be put down, and just held on tight. While we were there the little ones were having school! It was fun to sit and see all they are learning. After school we handed the kids the toys (which are probably destroyed by now). We were only at the crèche for about 15 minutes and decided it was time to go back home and eat some lunch. So we walked back and fixed some lunch. B ate it up like a boss and a feeling of gratitude came over me. I feel so very blessed to have all of us around the table and eating together!
After lunch we played UNO, Memory, stringing items, building items, coloring, and tons of puzzles. The Bash and B even went off and played together for a bit. HOW COOL!?!?!?!
We ate dinner again and it was another great meal. She just takes food down and stops when she is full. I can safely both kids LOVE fruits and veggies (especially carrots). Both kids LOVE to drink TONS of water.
Overall B was a lot more easygoing today. She was a lot more willing to play and walk around. She talked A LITTLE to us. She laughed and smiled and had a great day.
Bed time was hard. She was not wanting to stay another night. When she knew it was time for bed, she lost it. I rocked her for a good hour or so while she screamed/sang. I cried. I felt her pain. I'm sure this whole thing is awesome... but SCARY! I cried and she cried and we sat and rocked for an hour. And then, she just.... stopped.... She passed out and is asleep now as I write this. So.... it was rough.... but in the same light it was a good hurdle to jump over with her. It hurt my heart that I could not just stop her from crying. It hurts my heart that I cannot comfort her and let her know that everything is going to be great. Even after she fell asleep I cried... My heart breaks because I feel so unequipped to do this.
So she sleeps... and tomorrow will be another day. Tomorrow will bring another set of new joys and new challenges. Your prayers and encouragement are a blessing to us. Thank you SOOOOOO MUCH!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment