Thursday, April 13, 2017

Closing this LONG chapter....

Friends and family it is with great joy that I announce we are FINALLY bringing our dear girl home. This journey started almost 3.5 years ago. We have been waiting for the last pieces of this final journey for almost a YEAR... and yesterday we finally got word that EVERYTHING is ready for us to travel to go get our sweet B and bring her home!

Those of you who are wondering this is all the details:

We had been waiting since the start of February for them to REprint B's passport.... the first time they printed it they put in the wrong birthdate. So a cool 10 weeks later... The Man and I were feeling VERY frustrated with this situation. In fact just last Friday I was out of control sobbing at the pain and frustration I was feeling with this whole journey. I believe I told Paul that I wasn't sure how much longer I could hold on... I wasn't sure how much longer I could just put on a positive attitude and continue on with my every day life....

MONDAY, B's bestie was picked up and got to go home with HER forever family. I cried I was so happy for the family... and I was sad for B. How weird that must be to have someone, like a sister, just up and leave one day. The sweet sweet mom that was there picking up her daughter told me that she had been told that B's passport was in. So Monday The Man and I were anxiously waiting to hear something from Lifeline about all this.... with no avail... In fact our country rep was trying to get ahold of people, and couldn't get them.

SO, we kinda sat on that news... not knowing what to think... and hoping that this was true... and that we would have it all worked out by Tuesday.

TUESDAY.... NOTHING.... no word at all... So then I started doubting... Things like this has happened to us so many times during this journey it's so hard to get your hopes up too much... So carried on not knowing WHAT to think.

WEDNESDAY.... we got an email that morning telling us we DID have the passport and were waiting for Embassy's approval and printing of our VISA. Later that afternoon we got confirmation that B's VISA was printed and ready to go our country rep asked us both about times and dates we could travel... The Man and I both responded ANY TIME... WE ARE READY RIGHT NOW!!!!! :) SO, after a lot of craziness we have 3 plane tickets down to Haiti and 4 to come back!!!

We leave Saturday and should return late Thursday evening. :)

ON THAT NOTE.... we are so excited to share our sweet girl with you... but not for a bit. Our family needs time to bond and come together FIRST before we can introduce her to other amazing people. She has to learn that we are her family, we love her, provide for her, and will always be there for her. It's important we focus on that time as a family and really get a good foundation of love and support for her! So, as much as you want to come see her and visit her... we ask that you hold off for a bit.... as hard as that will be! I will keep you updated on progress and life here in our bunker as much as I can. If you have gifts for her, we ask that you give them to us and that we give them to her.... It helps her continue to see that we are her providers.

LOTS of people have offered up "Anything we need?" or "How can I help?" and the truth is... WE HAVE NO IDEA!!! :) I have not really been able to put together complete thoughts since we got the news yesterday! :) So if you wanna do something... great... IF not great... do I know what we need? NO... We do need donations to take to Haiti to give to C4C. I'm thinking someone is putting together a meal train? I have the bestst lady watching Nala... I THINK we have all the plane tickets bought and ready to go....  SO unless someone wants to come pack for me, grocery shop for our trip, or clean my house... I think we are good! :) haha! Continued prayers are good and keep the positive messages coming... this will be an intense week coming up for us!

ALSO, we are closing this chapter... but a new one begins. Please continue to pray for our family as we enter uncharted territory. Pray that we continue to grow and grow and grow closer as a complete family. Pray for our hearts and minds, pray that The Bash feels love and importance through this change, pray that we, as parents, make good choices for our family, and that we figure out how to do her hair! :) hahaha!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH... thank you... thank you... thank you! We have relied on all of you so much for your love and support and your prayers. Not a day goes by that I don't realize how completely amazing you are... I praise God for such a support group.

3. More. Days!

Stay tuned... Your daily readings are about to get fired up! :)


Sorry this post is all over the place... Can you tell how crazy my mind is right now?!?!?! My goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment