Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 12- Sunday


Today we started our morning off with church. It was a good 3 hours in a hot building with the sun literally shining down on me…. It was toasty, sweaty, and long….. but we got to see a baptism! One little boy was baptized this morning! It was done very differently because they did not use water, but they did “cover him with Christ” using a robe. It was interesting to see. Benithy slept in my lap for about 45 minutes and then spent the rest of the church playing with my Bible. She was very well behaved.

After church we walked to the crèche. It was an enjoyable walk with the kids. We got back there and Benithy was ready to go. We gave her a water bottle and that was a HIT with her! J She was showing it off. She really talked a lot today. We even started working on saying please and thank you. We played outside a lot, danced, chased, colored… we really had a great day. She really didn’t nap the rest of the day, so we really got a lot of time in with her! Hooray! A good full day. Right before we were leaving she started to get snuggly and tired. We had to go, and she was mad at us. She got real grumpy and swatted at me. The Man and I thought… I guess it’s good that she is mad we’re going and not indifferent like usual. It’s a weird thing to be kinda happy about… but we took that as SOME sort of emotion towards us! J

The other cool thing about today is I got to connect one of the kids at the crèche with his mama! I met his mom here the day we arrived they were getting ready to leave. So she messaged me and asked me to hug her son and tell her she loved him and then show him the picture. We were able to message with her a bit today and send her a picture. It was so sweet to see his face as she responded. It’s such a blessing that our adoption community can be so big, yet so small.
I can totally… yet barely believe that we are only 3 short days away from leaving. I was talking with some of the boys at the crèche today and they said, “You have 4 weeks…” I said, “I have 3 more days. Then tomorrow I have 2. Then Tuesday 1. And then Wednesday I have 0.”  And one of the boys said.. “And you cry?” and I said “Yes… I’m for sure going to cry.” And the boys said “Me too…”  So sweet!

Once we got home we ate dinner and then played some games with the other couple. It’s been fun having them here for sure.  We also got to talk with The Bash! It sounds like he is having a blast in CO right now. I really cannot wait to be able to hold him again.

Tomorrow (Monday) is our social worker visit. A social worker will come to the crèche and observe us with Benithy. Pray that all goes well. I believe they will be observing us and the other couple.
It also looks like we’ll be getting in at USCIS this trip as well. Either Tuesday or Wednesday before we fly out. 


Your prayers are being answered here. Your comments and thoughts to our family are so precious to us. Thanks again for all of you walking with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment