Sunday, August 2, 2015

Day 11- Saturday

Couple fun tidbits I keep forgetting to mention: The kids LOVE The Man’s hair a ton! They love my hair, and always ask me why I have purple in it. A couple of kids have tried to rub off my tattoo on my wrist. One kid told me NOT to wear my hair up because it made my eyes look bad! Haha.  The Man has gotten to play a lot of soccer, and most of them are shocked that he can play well! The kids walk around with baby powder on their necks after they shower. That’s how you know if a child has just bathed. Most of the kids wear crocs. This crèche is one of the best in Haiti (so we are told).

Today started off great. When we got there Benithy was up and ready to play. We took her and did play-doh with her. She loves the stuff! We also had fun with stickers. We FaceTimed The Bash today as well with Benithy. She didn’t get the concept, of course, but The Bash got to see her, and I got to see him. I simply cannot stress how much I miss that boy! Cannot wait to snuggle him! After the FaceTime we played and sang music for some of the kids. They love hearing the guitar! Then we played outside. This is where we lost The Man. He decided to play soccer, and Benithy and I played outside and with bubbles. Then we went inside and played with play-doh more until lunch. After lunch we rocked and she fell asleep (I almost did). Her nap time was a nice break, but she was asleep for a bit and I was tired myself today. I read and tried to stay occupied the most I could. The Man eventually woke her up and we played a bit before we had to go home. It was a good day with Benithy. It still kills me a bit that she really has an indifference to us coming or going.

I have to say today caught up with me. I love going to the creche and spending time with my child (of course). But to do this 8 hours a day is really catching up with me. It’s a lot of full on kid time, and there really isn’t much break from the monotony of it all. It’s nice to have the other couple because they do add some good conversations to our day, and they can empathize with how we are feeling. But we literally wake up, go to the crèche, come home, eat, MAYBE play a game, and then go to bed. So, today if I’m being completely honest with you all, caught up with me. Which is why The Man playing soccer for most of the morning didn’t bother me as much. Something different and fun for him to do and bond with some other kids is good.

Another thing I was thinking about is…. How am I supposed to go home and carry on after this experience? There is so much need from just the kids here. I can’t seem to shake the guilty feeling of just going home and carrying on with my day to day events.  I know this whole trip has changed me… I’m just trying to see how exactly it has changed in me…. If that makes sense! J

We miss you all so much. I think the closer it gets to coming home, the more we wish we could see you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment