Sunday, November 24, 2013

Our Hatian Creation

We decided on Haiti!!! We are excited to start this long 3 year journey with you all! We hope that you pray for our family, our child that is waiting for us to bring them home, and our agency as we walk through this adoption together. We are excited and scared...

I have to admit the entire time we were talking to all the country representatives I was SOOOOO scared. I was scared I was going to pick the "wrong" one, scared that we don't have (and won't ever have) the funds for this, scared that we could put all this time and work into it and never get to have our child come home.....

Then one night I put on a tape for my son to listen to as we cleaned. It's a GT and Halo Express tape... I mean tape.. It's old school.... and it is AWESOME! If you ever can find these tapes it is WELL worth the money. I grew up listening to them... and my awesome mother kept them and gave them to me to let my son listen and grow up on them. He loves them as much as I do! :) Anyway, they sing Bible verses and there is always a central theme to each tape. This tape's theme happened to be "HAVE NO FEAR! God has got it!"

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified. Do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Joshua 1:9

and

"Do not fear for I am with you. DO not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and protect you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" -Isaiah 41:10

 WOW! Talk about hitting ya right in the face with the facts! I said... Amen... I hear that... and called the agency the next day to let them know that we are ready to start our adoption process! We're ready to get our child from Haiti!!! The Lord is in control and we are trusting! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment