Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Road to Adoption

This road has not been an easily traveled one.

 Let me give you a little history. I live in small town Kansas with my wonderful husband, a 3-year-old boy, and a mutt (who used to be our baby). :) I have been married for 7 years to... we'll call him "The Man."  We decided, about 4 years ago, to start our family. We have always talked about our family. We have "debated" whether we should have 2, 3, or 4 kids.... We have always kinda agreed on 3 kids for sure, but never just one! We both are part of a family with siblings and love them too much to not give our own children that same joy!
We decided we wanted to start a family in late August and by October I was found out I was pregnant with a baby boy.... we'll call him "The Bash" (if you know him, you know why!) 9 months later we were graced with the sweetest, loving, hilarious, smiley, and CRAZY little boy ever! Our lives changed, and if you are a parent you realize what I mean by changed! I can't think of a moment in life without him. Not sure how we made it as long as we did without knowing him.
Well after his 1st birthday we started the discussion of our next child. When The Bash was about 1 1/2 years old, we decided it was time to start trying again. Now, if you know me at all..... even if you don't I will tell you one thing.. I like things to have happened YESTERDAY.... So the fact that we tried for a good 6 months made me very impatient. But.... right at 7 months I found out I was pregnant again and we would be having our 2nd child..... Only to find out 2 weeks later that we had lost it. My first miscarriage. Not only do you lose your baby, but you lose all the hopes and dreams that were poured into that baby.
A couple months later we decided it was time to try again. Almost 11 months later we found out we were pregnant again! The joy was unspeakable. We were both super excited. I made it past the 1st month, 2nd month..... and then... 3 months into the pregnancy (right before you're about to tell the whole world... via facebook I'm sure) I miscarried again. This one was 'harder' if there is such a word for it. I had to go in and do minor surgery and it was awful... I cannot wish that experience on anyone! May the Lord provide healing in your heart if you have or are going through that now....
A few months later we decided to begin the process over again, and that is where you find us today. We have been trying since then (over 6 months) with no avail. Right after the last miscarriage I told The Man that I would be more interested in adopting a child, then spending a bunch of money trying to figure out what is wrong with me.... Which planted the seed in his heart and mind. So when I came home from Women of Faith Conference in September and told him that I wanted to adopt he was ready!

That is where we meet today. My husband and I began our journey into being adoptive parents just yesterday night. We filled out our 10 page application together after The Bash went to bed. We put our worth, history, and personalities (as best as a person can) on paper. As soon as you press send and pay your $250 all types of thoughts ran through my head.... and I laid up last night thinking of them all.


So I hope those of you who are reading this and know how powerful and amazing God is please pray this prayer for us:

Dear God,

You are almighty, powerful, and all knowing. Bless this family as they walk on a path with a lot of unknowns. Help them to trust YOU in all their ways. May they keep in their hearts your good and pleasing will for them to go out and spread your love!

Amen


Thanks for reading and thinking of us. Keep checking for updates.... it's going to be a LONG ride :)

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your losses. I admire your strength and you're doing the most wonderful thing for a child who needs it. Sending up lots of prayers for you all!

    ReplyDelete