Thursday, December 22, 2016

Visit/ Bonding Trip- Day.... what day is it? OH! Day 4

The Man and I were just talking about the fact that we are 3 short days away until Christmas... but it does NOT feel like it. It's kinda funny how Haiti can do that to you. We are in a world of our own.

Today was another morning like the others.

Today when we got to the crèche B was about to get her hair done. SO I sat next to the nanny and watched her do B's hair. I'm going to need all the help I can get in that department... I can barely do my own hair (right Ashley)... let alone another person's hair! :) She sat there so patiently for a good 30-45 minutes while the nanny did her hair. I thought... if that was a kid in the US they would need an ipad or some sort of entertainment for that long of an activity. She just sat there quietly. It was a great opportunity to watch the experts go to work. While B was getting her hair done The Man was getting his hair done by a bunch of the younger kids! It looked.... SO.... good... :)

After B was ready it was food time and then medicine time. B loves for me to hold her... all.... day.... The girl is not light.. My arms are getting a GREAT workout! :) We played with B for a bit and then took her to the crèche. She, again, didn't really want to do anything. She was really shy again and wouldn't leave my side. We tried play doh and puzzles and she wanted nothing to do with it. So we played chutes and ladders. B and I were on a team (she was the spinner for our team). Then... I just sat back with her in my arms and she fell asleep and took a nice long nap. I enjoy each moment of it. I listen to her breathing and look at her cute little cheeks as they press against me. Once she woke up we colored and had some food. But B really didn't want to stay long at the guesthouse today. She wanted to head back early. So we did.

The rest of the evening we spent trying to get B to go to The Man or The Bash on her own. She wanted Mama... all.... the... time... and my arms were getting tired! :) We spent time up in the grass. There she did get outta my arms and sass around. When I say sass... I mean SASSSSSSSS! She even has a sassy walk. :) It's great. The Bash has a now declared "best friend" from the crèche. The Bash and D get along really well... and The Bash spent a lot of his time playing with D while we were there.

Time was creeping along and we were all exhausted... but it was the last 45 minutes of our time as a family that was the best. The Bash got B involved in a chase game and then The Man also joined in and we all laughed SOOOOO hard. We all played and enjoyed each other. It was a long day... but I would do it all over again for those last 45 minutes of sweet family giggles.

As we said good-bye and see you tomorrow... B ran and hid in the corner. I hate that she has to deal with these emotions... not knowing how to sort through these feelings of complete love and joy... to us leaving brings such hurt to me. I cannot wait until we no longer have to do this to her. I pray it is soon.

Not a lot of pictures from today. We just really enjoyed time together and that was that.

Tomorrow we leave back to the States. We are thrilled to be coming home to our family friends.... We are saddened that we will not be coming home as a COMPLETE family.... One day this hope will be our reality.

Continue prayers for our paperwork to go fast. Safe travels tomorrow. Strength to leave tomorrow. Comfort in leaving.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment