Thursday, April 3, 2014

Waiting...

How is the adoption going?
We're waiting. We're waiting for one thing.... So that we can get that sent somewhere..... So we can wait for them to send us something.... So that we can wait to get that done... .So that we can wait on the results.... So we can get started on our dossier (what we send to Haiti). So right now... we're waiting to wait! :) I dislike waiting in every way shape in form... Mainly because: 1. I'm not in control. 2. I like things done fast or faster! and 3. I feel time ticking away!



Last night my son (sitting on the toilet of course... some of the best conversations I have with The Bash are while he is seated on the toilet.... because he cannot run away!!)  asked me why we didn't have any babies in our house. At first I wasn't sure if he meant play dolls (ones like he sees every day when he is at daycare) or if he meant real ones, so I asked him what he meant. 
He said: "Ya know, mom, a baby that comes out of your belly.... Why don't you have a baby in your belly? Can you do that some time?" 
I said: "I would LOVE to have a baby in my belly, but for some reason it's not happening right now."
He said: "Why not?"
I said: "Just not my time right now. I actually don't know why I cannot!"
He said: "What about daddy? He can have a baby in his belly!"
I said: "No, boys don't get babies in their bellies."
He said: "Maybe when you get older you can have a baby in your belly. Like Aunt Alicia." (she is my older sister who had a baby recently)
I said: "Maybe! Right now though we are actually going to try and help a baby that is already born and give them a home. How does that sound?"
He said: "Where's a baby without a home?"
THE MAN said: "We are going to help a baby in Haiti"
He said: "Right now?!?"
I said: "I WISH! It will take a bit, but then they will come and live with us and be your brother or sister OK?"
He said: "Yes! I would like that..... I want a brother...."
I said: " I bet you do! But you may get a sister and that will be good too!"
He said: "OK.... but I really want a brother..."
I said: "I know babe, but you will be a good brother to a boy or a girl"

We smiled and hugged and had a moment there that I doubt I will soon forget. Then he told me that he was going to dream about me having babies come from my belly. I told him that would be an awesome dream, and to keep dreaming that because I do the same! :) I did ask him this morning what he dreamed about, and he told me that it was me having babies come out of my belly.... haha!

Maybe some day when I'm older..... maybe never.... either way we're going to add to our family and be able to give our son something we wanted to give to him for 3 years... a sibling! Praise God!

Keep praying for our family, our child that is going to be in our family, and for the process of adoption! We thank you for all your continued support and care! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment